sáb, 20 ene|
2024 Free event- New year's resolution- Animal Totem
Rituals play an important role in human life for various reasons, including psychological, social, and cultural aspects.
Time & Location
20 ene 2024, 17:00 – 19:00 GMT+10
About the event
New Year's resolution- Animal Totem
Rituals play an important role in human life for various reasons, including psychological, social, and cultural aspects. Here are some reasons why rituals, include New Year's resolution rituals and Gestalt art therapy activities.
- Sense of Purpose: Rituals often provide individuals with a sense of purpose and direction. New Year's resolutions, for example, help people set goals and aspirations for the upcoming year, giving them a roadmap for personal development.
- Emotional Release: Rituals can serve as a means of emotional expression and release. Gestalt art therapy activities, in particular, allow individuals to channel their emotions into creative outlets, promoting emotional well-being.
►Cultural and Social Connection
- Community Building: Many rituals are communal and foster a sense of belonging. New Year's celebrations, for instance, are often shared with friends and family, strengthening social bonds.
- Cultural Identity: Rituals often reflect and reinforce cultural identity. They can be a way for individuals to connect with their cultural heritage and traditions.
►Behavioral Change and Personal Growth
- Goal Setting: New Year's resolutions are a form of goal-setting, encouraging individuals to reflect on their lives and set intentions for self-improvement. This process can lead to positive behavioral changes and personal growth.
- Self-Reflection: Gestalt art therapy encourages self-reflection through creative expression. Engaging in artistic activities can help individuals gain insights into their thoughts and emotions, facilitating personal growth.
►Routine and Stability
- Predictability: Rituals provide a sense of predictability and stability in an otherwise unpredictable world. They create a rhythm to life and can be comforting in times of change or uncertainty.
►Mindfulness and Presence
- Mindful Engagement: Both New Year's resolution rituals and Gestalt art therapy activities can promote mindfulness. New Year's resolutions encourage individuals to be present and intentional in their actions, while art therapy emphasizes the importance of being fully engaged in the creative process.
►Symbolism and Meaning
- Symbolic Significance: Rituals often involve symbolic actions or objects that carry meaning. For example, the act of making resolutions symbolizes a commitment to personal growth, while the creation of art in Gestalt therapy can symbolize various aspects of an individual's experiences.
In various spiritual and therapeutic practices, animal totems are often used symbolically to represent different qualities, strengths, or aspects of one's personality. When integrating animal totems into activities like meditation and drawing for personal growth within the context of Gestalt art therapy, you can explore archetypes associated with specific animals.
During the event, participant will be guided to connect with their Animal Totem through Meditation and Drawing, for Personal Growth.
An animal totem, also known as a spirit animal or power animal, is a symbolic representation of an animal that is believed to have a special connection with an individual or a group of people. Many cultures around the world, including Native American, Celtic, and various indigenous traditions, incorporate the concept of animal totems into their spiritual beliefs.
The idea is that each person has a particular animal that serves as a guide or protector, offering insights into one's personality, strengths, and challenges. This belief suggests that individuals can learn valuable lessons from the characteristics and behaviors associated with their animal totem.
People may identify their animal totem through various means, such as dreams, meditation, or simply feeling a strong affinity toward a particular animal. The choice of the totem is often based on personal experiences, intuition, or a sense of connection with a specific animal.
It's important to note that the concept of animal totems is rooted in cultural and spiritual beliefs, and interpretations can vary widely among different traditions and individuals. Some people find inspiration and guidance through exploring the symbolism of animal totems, while others may view it as a metaphorical or psychological tool for self-reflection.
Day: January 20th, 2024
Time: 5pm to 7pm (Eastern Time) Info international time zones
Drawing tools (pencils, markers, crayons, etc.)
Quiet space for meditation
And access to the Zoom link