dom, 13 mar|
Clay Art Therapy CAT© a Gestalt Approach ZOOM Online workshop
Time & Location
13 mar 2022, 10:00 – 12:00 GMT+10
About the event
- Registrants can obtain their CPD /OPD hours (non-endorsed activities)
AASW CPD hours
ACA OPD hours
PACFA CPD hours
Clay therapy has the quality of nurture, integration and healing for participants, during the therapy process.
Clay products are well known in human history since prehistoric times in such forms as vases, pots, and symbolic figures, including human figures. Clay has been used throughout history by many cultures as a vehicle to express a religious dimension in human life. (Michal Sholt, and Tami Gavron)
During this workshop you will:
- How to design the clay-work: procedural expressions, constructive and deconstructive processes, and the integration process.
- Investigate and experiment about the product (clay) and process.
- Discover how this tool will support the psychological process, revealing meaningful information about the clients’ inner world.
- Uncover the power of the development of three-dimensional representation in clay.
- Procedural Expressions through the Experience of Touch, Movement, and the Three-Dimensional Aspect of Clay-work.
- Offer options to the client to communicate in a new language, clay-work involves a very primal mode of expression and communication.
- Adapting this tool to the client's age and emotional development
This will be an interesting and creative workshop!
Day: Sunday February 13h, 2022
Time: 10 am to 12 pm (Brisbane- Australian time) AEST- Australian Eastern Standard Time. UTC/GMT +10 hours. See here time converter https://dateful.com/time-zone-converter
Registrations will close on March 10th , 2022 at 3 pm AEST.
Gestalt Art Therapy V.I.P Club members
System: Zoom (After registration and payment you will receive the link for your participation)
System and Materials you will need for the workshop participation:
For the online connection:
- Internet connection
- Having installed the Zoom program (Download here)
- PC, Laptop, Tablet with webcam & audio
- Paper to write
- TWO pieces of clay ( Like a medium ball that fits in your hand), any color: brown, or red or white
(Airdry -clay can be used, although Earthenware - professional clay- is recommended because it is softer,
and after your creation your work can be fired in a special oven, not at home)
- Two plastic plates or a surface to work in
- A container to put a little water
- Utensils to make marks, chopsticks, forks etc.
- Wet wipes or napkins to clean your hands
- Mobile phone or camera to take a photo of your creation.
Read Policy cancelation and Participation conditions at the "Event Policy"
This workshop will be “hands on” and will not be recorded.
Become a member today just for $40 Year and access to discounts!
Full membership 2022: $40
Join our Group on Facebook
Read information about our COVID-19 Guidelines