dom, 15 ago|
Art Therapy & Gestalt
Collage Art Therapy CAT© a Gestalt Approach
Time & Location
15 ago 2021, 9:30 – 16:00
Art Therapy & Gestalt, Ashgrove QLD, Australia
About the event
- Registrants can obtain their CPD /OPD hours (non-endorsed activities)
AASW CPD hours
ACA OPD hours
PACFA CPD hours
Collage Art therapy
The use of figurative and metaphorical language during the creation using collage techniques, helps to make changes, implement new options within the client's process, without having to work directly with the confrontation of the problem or conflict. Through collage, clients objectify their conflicts to put them in a different perspective and open future channels of communication.
During this workshop you will:
- Know how to design the collage-work: kind of collages
- Paper collage – One of the more basic forms of collage. Various pieces of paper gathered and put together to create a unique collage strictly from paper products.
- Photomontage – whether done by hand or with the help of a computer, a photomontage is a collage of pictures or photos.
- Painting collage – Gluing pieces to a canvas and then painting over and/or around those pieces on the canvas, thus creating an original and unique painting.
- Wood collage – Create from pieces of wood, whether it be from scraps, old furniture, crates, barrels, house parts, driftwood, branches, sticks, bark, etc.
- Digital collage – Using a computer to gather the visual pieces and put them together
- Discover how this tool will support the psychological process, revealing meaningful information about the clients’ inner world.
- Collages are visual artworks that are created by selecting magazine images, textured papers, or ephemera; cutting or altering these elements; and arranging and attaching them to a support such as paper or cardboard”. This kind of creation could be compared with clients' life and patterns.
- Uncover the power of the creation with symbols, also the act of cutting and ripping images and gluing them together can be cathartic for some clients.
- Offer options to the client to communicate in a new language, collage art therapy work involves inconsciente levels related to archetypes and colective unconscious .
- Adapting this tool to the client's age and emotional development
Day: 15th August 2021
Time: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Members of the Gestalt Art Therapy Club: $183
- Non- Members: $215
Pay by Credit Card
Credit card payments have 2.90% of commission is applied, see the link.
Gestalt Art Therapy Centre
Payment Methods: Ask us for Bank details, please
See here information related to Refunds & Cancellation policy.
Become a member today just for $40 Year and access to discounts!
Full membership 2021: $40
Join our Group on Facebook
Read information about our COVID-19 Guidelines