vie, 11 feb|
Online Event ZOOM
Collage Art Therapy CAT© a Gestalt Approach
Time & Location
11 feb, 17:00 – 19:00 GMT+10
Online Event ZOOM
About the event
Collage Art therapy
The use of figurative and metaphorical language during the creation using collage techniques, helps to make changes, implement new options within the client's process, without having to work directly with the confrontation of the problem or conflict. Through collage, clients objectify their conflicts to put them in a different perspective and open future channels of communication.
During this workshop you will:
- Know how to design the collage-work: kind of collages
- Paper collage – One of the more basic forms of collage. Various pieces of paper gathered and put together to create a unique collage strictly from paper products.
- Photomontage – whether done by hand or with the help of a computer, a photomontage is a collage of pictures or photos.
- Painting collage – Gluing pieces to a canvas and then painting over and/or around those pieces on the canvas, thus creating an original and unique painting.
- Wood collage – Create from pieces of wood, whether it be from scraps, old furniture, crates, barrels, house parts, driftwood, branches, sticks, bark, etc.
- Digital collage – Using a computer to gather the visual pieces and put them together
- Discover how this tool will support the psychological process, revealing meaningful information about the clients’ inner world.
- Collages are visual artworks that are created by selecting magazine images, textured papers, or ephemera; cutting or altering these elements; and arranging and attaching them to a support such as paper or cardboard”. This kind of creation could be compared with clients' life and patterns.
- Uncovering the power of the creation with symbols, also the act of cutting and ripping images and gluing them together can be cathartic for some clients.
- Offering options to the client to communicate in a new language, collage art therapy work involves unconscious levels related to archetypes and collective unconscious .
- Adapting this tool to the client's age and emotional development
Participants from Australia:
Registrants can obtain their CPD /OPD hours (non-endorsed activities)
AASW CPD hours
ACA OPD hours
PACFA CPD hours
Friday, February 11th, 5:00pm to 7pm (Brisbane- Australian time) AEST- Australian Eastern Standard Time. UTC/GMT +10 hours
Registration deadline February 9th, 2022
Sunday, April 10th, 9:00 am to 11:00 am (Brisbane- Australian time) AEST- Australian Eastern Standard Time. UTC/GMT +10 hours
Registration deadline April 8th, 2022
*Please note that the price of the workshop is for the participation in a single day.
Any questions please contact us.
*Paypal payments have applied commissions.
System: Zoom (After registration and payment you will receive the link for your participation)
System and Materials you will need for the workshop participation:
- Internet connection
- Having installed the Zoom program (Download here)
- PC, Laptop, Tablet with webcam & audio
- Paper to write
- Magazines (if you want to use collage)
- Felt pens, or other coloured pens that you like
- Mobile phone or camera to take a photo of your creation.