dom, 04 dic|
Online Event ZOOM
Collage Art Therapy CAT© a Gestalt Approach
Time & Location
04 dic 2022, 16:00 – 18:00 GMT+10
Online Event ZOOM
About the event
Collage Art therapy
The use of figurative and metaphorical language during the creation using collage techniques, helps to make changes, implement new options within the client's process, without having to work directly with the confrontation of the problem or conflict. Through collage, clients objectify their conflicts to put them in a different perspective and open future channels of communication.
During this workshop you will:
- Know how to design the collage-work: kind of collages
- Paper collage – One of the more basic forms of collage. Various pieces of paper gathered and put together to create a unique collage strictly from paper products.
- Photomontage – whether done by hand or with the help of a computer, a photomontage is a collage of pictures or photos.
- Painting collage – Gluing pieces to a canvas and then painting over and/or around those pieces on the canvas, thus creating an original and unique painting.
- Wood collage – Create from pieces of wood, whether it be from scraps, old furniture, crates, barrels, house parts, driftwood, branches, sticks, bark, etc.
- Digital collage – Using a computer to gather the visual pieces and put them together
- Discover how this tool will support the psychological process, revealing meaningful information about the clients’ inner world.
- Collages are visual artworks that are created by selecting magazine images, textured papers, or ephemera; cutting or altering these elements; and arranging and attaching them to a support such as paper or cardboard”. This kind of creation could be compared with clients' life and patterns.
- Uncover the power of the creation with symbols, also the act of cutting and ripping images and gluing them together can be cathartic for some clients.
- Offer options to the client to communicate in a new language, collage art therapy work involves unconscious levels related to archetypes and collective unconscious .
- Adapting this tool to the client's age and emotional development
Participants from Australia:
Registrants can obtain their CPD /OPD hours (non-endorsed activities)
AASW CPD hours
ACA OPD hours
PACFA CPD hours
December 4th, 4 pm to 6pm (Brisbane- Australian time) AEST- Australian Eastern Standard Time. UTC/GMT +10 hours
Gestalt Art Therapy V.I.P Club members
Promo only mmebers December $80
System: Zoom (After registration and payment you will receive the link for your participation)
System and Materials you will need for the workshop participation:
- Internet connection
- Having installed the Zoom program (Download here)
- PC, Laptop, Tablet with webcam & audio
- Paper to write
- Felt pens, or other coloured pens that you like
- Mobile phone or camera to take a photo of your creation.
Read Policy cancelation and Participation conditions at the "Event Policy"
In the situation that there is not a minimum number of participants and the organizers decide to cancel the event, they will offer to transfer the payment to another future event or the refund of the payment made by each participant will be offered. In refunds via paypal, commissions will be applied by Paypal of 3% of the payment received, in each refund.
Read information about our COVID-19 & Vaccine Guidelines
Payment Methods: Ask us for Bank details, please See here information related to Refunds & Cancellation policy. In the situation that there is not a minimum number of participants and the organizers decide to cancel the event, they will offer to transfer the payment to another future event or the refund of the payment made by each participant will be offered. In refunds via paypal, commissions will be applied by Paypal of 3% of the payment received, in each refund.
If you cancel your participation less than 24 hours before the day of the workshop, there is no refund or credit forfeiting the payment you would have made to participate in the workshop. If you do not have the necessary materials to participate in the workshop, unfortunately you will not be able to participate. In each event you will be able to read the list of materials required for each workshop on the website and also in the emails we send you, these materials may be similar, although it is necessary to have them. If you cancel your participation in the workshop due to not having the necessary materials, the payment you would have made to participate will not be refunded. Participating in our events means that you accept all these conditions.
Become a member today just for $40 Year and access to discounts! Full membership 2023: $40 Join our Group on Facebook Read information about our COVID-19 Guidelines