OPENING NIGHT March 12th, 7pm- 9pm. Art Group Exhibition "The Ambitious Dali"
Time & Location
About the Event
Unfortunately, the opening night is fully booked
(event ticketed due to Covid restrictions)
but you are welcome to visit the exhibition from 15th to 23rd from 10am- 4pm.
Weekends by appointment only
THE AMBITIOUS DALI
ART GROUP EXHIBITION
Art Gallery visits
"The ambitious Dali"
2021 Exhibition dates: March 12th to 23rd
From 10 am to 4 pm
Monday to Friday
(Weekend and different hours contact us please)
March 12th, from 7 pm to 9 pm
Free TIKETED Event
To be able to participate at the Opening night, you must have completed the Registration and have received, by email, the Confirmation of your participation.
The event will have a "waiting list"
*Please note that you must have the registration before the event, only for the "Opening night", due to limited spots.
Art exhibition visits, Mondays to Fridays from 10 am to 4 pm, registrations must be done at the moment of the entry in the art gallery.
Venue of the Exhibition:
BIA (Brisbane Institute of Art). Art Gallery
41 Grafton St, Windsor
You are welcome to the Art group Exhibition THE AMBITIOUS DALI,
We are working with a lot of passion to show you our creativity and love for Art in this upcoming and interesting Art Group exhibition.
Dali was a Surrealist! and this is now in a metaphoric way, how is the situation is on our planet due to COVID-19
We need to be strong, positive and we hope that all together we will go ahead with all our personal and community projects.
This extraordinary exhibition will show you how world events have influenced the creations of artists, as well as the fusion between the "here and now mondial and in Australia situation" and the works, life and artistic approach of Salvador Dali.
Each artist has represented under the prism of his vision who is Salvador Dali and also representing the social impact that the entire population has experienced in these times of uncertainty in Australia and everywhere.
If you are passionate about art, new trends, the psyche of artists with their metaphorical creations, if you want to immerse yourself in a new artistic dimension, then, you should not miss the opportunity to visit the exhibition.
A special thank you to
- MCFILLIN (Facebook page)
- TASSCA (Facebook page) Instagram (@MyTASSCA)
- QUINCE (Facebook page) Instagram (@QuinceSPE)
- GESTALT ART THERAPY CENTRE (Facebook page) Instagram (@Gestaltarttherapycentre)
OPENING NIGHT PROGRAM:
Opening Night Keynote Speaker:
- Mr. Alfonso Vega de Seoane. Honorary Consul of Spain in Queensland.
- Mrs Gloria Pena Executive Assistant Honorary Consul of Spain in Queensland.
Individual packed Free Finger food
Drinks on sale
An incredible Art exhibition created by eight Australian Artists, Curated and Coordinated by Gemma Garcia-Roman.
OPENING NIGHT important information:
Due to BIA art Gallery COVID Policy- OPENING NIGHT:
We ask you for your collaboration, please. All these measures are to offer you a safe, healthy, and secure space during the opening night. We know that some new measures will be different than usual, but we want to take care of you and of yours, our artists, and the public.
- Please note that the event could be cancelled due a COVID outbreak and Government measures. If this situation occurs, we will inform you by email about the cancelation of the event. The coordinator and curator of the exhibition, The Artists, and BIA Art gallery will be not responsible for any situation derived from the cancellation of the event.
-To be able to participate at the Opening night you must be registered and had received by email, the confirmation of your participation. Here is the link. - The event is FREE. (Registrations will be open very soon)
- We have a limited number of participants per m2 in the Art Gallery, if you registered your participation and you received the confirmation, and you can not attend, please cancel your participation to give your space to another participant who would be on the waiting list. Send us an email informing us about your cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- At the door of the BIA Art Gallery, you must provide the confirmation of your participation that you should receive by email, and you will receive if places are still available, after your registration. At the door of the gallery, after confirming your registration you will receive a wristband, you must always wear it at all the time that you will be in the art gallery. Wristband is untransferable. People not wearing wristbands will not be allowed in the Art gallery the day and time of the opening night.
- Registrations for children are also compulsive.
- Depending on the COVID situation, at the moment of the Opening night, participants could have temperature measures. Participating in this event means that you accept all of these conditions.
- if you will leave the BIA Art Gallery early, and you do not plan to return, we ask you to cut your wristband and dispose of it in the special place. This will allow us to see availability of places for entry to the Art Gallery.
- During the opening, food will be displayed individually packed, we invite you to take one plate for you, please do not touch other plates or open them, or share your plate, to follow the COVID policies. We will be there assisting you.
- Drinks will be for purchase available in the bar. BYO is not permitted in the Art Gallery at any time.
- Drink moderate. People with signs of alcohol or other substances of intoxication will be invited to leave the Art Gallery.
- Any person not following the participation conditions will be invited to leave the Art Gallery. Police assistance could be used.
-We will update to registered participants any news regarding the COVID situation and COVID policies. If unfortunately, due to COVID outbreak the EVENT, opening night, visits, etc, would be cancelled, Gemma Garcia curator and coordinator of the exhibition and BIA, will not be responsible for any situation related to the cancellation. We will follow the Australian Government Department of Health advice.
- If you are sick, please do not come to the Event or gallery visits until you will be well and have a negative PCR test.
- If you were in contact with people who are COVID positive or travelled overseas or to hotspots COVID areas please do not come to the event. Registering your participation at the Opening night event means that you accept all of these conditions.
Exhibition Gallery Information:
BIA (Brisbane Institute of Art)
41 Grafton St, Windsor
Please Subscribe here to receive updates of this event
Professional artists are from diverse disciplines (including painting, ceramics, printmaking, Colouring Books, Sculptures, Altered Books, works is fabric, etc). They are Australians, based in Brisbane.
The public will be transported to the " Surrealistic Dream World" of the famous artist Salvador Dali, originally from Spain (Barcelona), through the special creations of artists from Australia.
From a creative, innovative, and provocative optics, each artist participating in this exhibition has created "Masterpieces", interpreting the works and life of this iconic and controversial artist.
This is not an exhibition where artists have literally copied Dali's style and artistic works, this is an exhibition that includes intimate works, reflected and created after the thorough investigation of the iconic Salvador Dali and linked with personal artists' style.
In many of the works it will be inevitable (and important) to observe how social, environmental and/or political circumstances in Australia and other parts of the planet, have significantly influenced in many of the creations, since Art is a vehicle to express what is happening in society, a way to express and denounce shocking situations and space to project artist's soul.
How this exhibition idea has become a reality?
Australian Artists were invited to investigate and discover the Spanish culture of Salvador Dali. Artists were encouraged to transform these ideas of the Spanish Icon Salvador Dali into a contemporary interpretation of his Artworks and life today in Australia.
The name of this exhibition came out when Gemma Garcia, visual artist, and Curator, read one Dali's quote: "Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings" Salvador Dali.
As Curator and Coordinator of this exhibition, I feel proud of all the contributions of each artist, impressed by the creativity and high-level artistic professionalism of the group in every artwork, and we will see this not just in paintings, sculptures, altered books, fabrics, printmaking, ceramics, colors, techniques, textures, not only in these beautiful creations but also in the human stories behind the creations.
I had the impulse of investigating more about Salvador Dali and his famous quote related to ambition. For me, being ambitious is to be able to achieve the project and put together a specific number of Australian artists in a GROUP EXHIBITION, in Brisbane 2021.
I am interested in offering in every Art Group exhibition, the opportunity for Australian artists to investigate and respond to the life and artworks of a famous Artist.
Gemma Garcia-Roman has coordinated and curated, with great success the following group exhibitions
2018 "VINCENT VAN GOGH You are not alone". BIA (Brisbane Institute of Art)
2017 "PICASSO TODAY". Jugglers Art Space. Brisbane.
2016 "ELEVEN FACES OF FRIDA KAHLO". BIA (Brisbane Institute of Art)
2021 " THE AMBITIOUS DALI" BIA (Brisbane Institute of Art)
My most sincere thanks to each artist for supporting me in the creation of this Art Group Exhibition "The Ambitious Dali", without you, this project wouldn't be possible. Many Thanks to Ana Maria Duque for her elegant and creative Poster design.
*Participation at the opening is RSVP essential, please register your interest in participating at the "Opening night" here. Registrations will be open very soon